Sports Clubs Defib Grant Program
Nationally Registered Training Organisation Allens Training Pty Ltd with Adopt-A-Defib are proudly “Approved NSW Government AED Service Provider – Panel Contract OOS1718010”
The NSW Office of Sport has announced a grant program of $4 million over 4 years for sporting clubs across NSW to use towards acquiring an AED Package for their club or sports facility at a reduced cost. Up to $1 million is available during the fourth and final round of the program.
Final Round 4 Applications Opened: Thursday 3rd Sept 2020.
Applications Now Closed: Applications for the Local Sport Defibrillator Program closed at 5pm on Monday, 12 April 2021.
Always Available: Our Sporting Club Defib Packages are available to purchase outside of the grant program across Australia. We recommend our popular Fully Automatic Defib Packages $2,140
The Office of Sport will conduct regular assessments and make recommendations for funding during the program timeline (until 12th April 2021 unless funding allocation is exhausted prior).
$2,790 Basic Package with Steel Cabinet, all AED Accessories and onsite training for up 25 participants
Affordable Defibrillator Package – built for people, not for profit. Making Defibrillators affordable, clearly visible and easily accessible for clubs. Don’t hide your AED!
You don’t have to do it alone; we are delighted to offer a personalised experience assisting with the grant process, support with completing a Medical Emergency Plan, training planning, building an ongoing relationship and making your club HeartSafe.
The Basic Package is the same price across all NSW zones. This is the great value package what you will receive for your Sports Club:
- A HeartSine Samaritan® Defibrillator with CPR Coaching SAM 350P or SAM 360P (8 year warranty)
- 1 Shock Proof Carry Case
- 1 Standard♥ Steel Wall Cabinet with ARC Approved Signage
- 1 Adult Electrode & Battery PAD Pak™ with approximately 4-year shelf life
- 1 Paediatric PAD Pak™ for children under 8 years or can be traded for a spare Adult PAD-Pak™ with approximately 4-year shelf life
- 1 AED Premium Prep Kit; Trauma Shears, CPR Pocket Mask, Surgical Razor, 2 x Nitrile Gloves
- 1 AED Angle Bracket Wall Sign, ARC Approved
- 1 AED Wall Sign Poly, ARC Approved
- 1 AED ‘On Site’ or ‘In Vehicle’ Window Sticker, External Grade
- 1 A3 CPR & AED Wall Chart in Gloss Card
- Online Video CPR & HeartSine AED Training Guide + AED knowledge quiz
- FREE access to Saver™ EVO Windows-based Data Software. AED is field upgradeable to latest guidelines
- FREE Electrode & Battery PAD-Pak™ replacement after genuine cardiac event
- Access to Forward Hearts® where a HeartSine or LIFEPAK® survivor may donate a FREE Defibrillator to the organisation of their choice (value “priceless”)
- Courier Shipping with insurance & tracking
- Complementary RescueReady setup | information phone session with AED Expert
- Adopt-A-Defib’s HeartSafe Award for your Club
- C.A.R.D.I.O. Medical Emergency Control Plan for a Heart Safe workplace™
- AED Familiarisation and induction training or select our nationally recognised course HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, as part of package price for up to 25 participants
- Dedicated Key Account Manager / Customer Support Personnel
- Out of business hours technical support
- Courtesy PAD-Pak™ expiry date renewal reminder, broadcast Defib health check reminders and electronic refresher reminders to all participants of accredited training
- HeartSine Registration with ownership details, AED serial number and PAD-Pak™ expiry dates
- Medical Emergency Plan (a support pack for your club with an online completion template) plus coloured card A4 CPR wall charts
♥ Upgrade the package Steel Wall Cabinet at the time of ordering for $150 to a Steel Wall Cabinet with Alarm, Strobe Light and ARC Approved Signage (value $300).
This alarmed cabinet deters would be thieves as well as announcing an emergency as soon as the door is opened.
♥ Upgrade the package Steel Wall Cabinet at the time of ordering for $150 to an AED Waterproof Tough Case; This customisable hard waterproof case is essential for all marine and outdoor applications or safe storage of your Defibrillator in the club (value $260).
Makes your valuable HeartSine Samaritan® AED unit virtually indestructible! Perfect for sporting clubs away from home games or the Maritime Industry.
Eligible clubs such as incorporated, not-for-profit grassroots sports clubs in NSW can select Allens Training with Adopt-A-Defib from the panel of Approved Providers to purchase an AED Packaged Service.
Grants are available up to 50 per cent of the AED package in Zones 1 and 2 and up to 75 per cent in Zone 3 capped at the levels stated (more about zone funding).
Applicants will need to contribute to the purchase price and accept any further operating expenses outside of the Packaged Service from their own budget.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Incorporated, not-for-profit sports clubs in NSW
- State or national sporting organisations on behalf of member clubs located in NSW, to a maximum of 10 per Zone
- Licensed sporting clubs, providing that the project directly benefits sporting activities
- Sport clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are an incorporated not for profit club in their own right
- Councils on behalf of sports clubs
- Councils in Zones 2 and 3, for sport and recreational facilities within their local government areas
- Service clubs such as Rotary, CWA and Lions, on behalf of sporting clubs
We understand that investing in a Defibrillator is an important decision for your sports club. You don’t have to do it alone; together Allens Training with Adopt-A-Defib offer a personalised experience assisting with the grant process, building an ongoing relationship and making your club HeartSafe.
Dedicated Key Account Managers to oversee all aspects of the service delivery when you select our AED Packaged Services.
Features and Benefits of our Sporting Club Packages
With this philosophy, Adopt-A-Defib, not-for-profit initiative was founded in 2013 in memory of loved ones lost to Sudden Cardiac Arrest and survivors.
A Defibrillator embedded in a cabinet on the wall of your club can mean the difference between life and death if someone collapses unexpectedly especially in the middle of a crowd. Don’t hide your AED!
For expert advice
To find out which AED Package is best for your club’s needs
Allens Training Pty Ltd
Allens Training Pty Ltd is an Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO 90909) delivering a wide range of First Aid, Health and Safety qualifications. One of Australia’s largest training providers delivering Nationally Recognised courses to more than 120,000 students each year.
Our national support centre is located in Goulburn NSW and on the Sunshine Coast, QLD. We additionally have Partners and Trainers throughout Australia who can deliver our Nationally Recognised courses and qualifications.
We specialise in group bookings offering – quality training, flexibility and competitive industry rates.
Our team will be handling all aspects of the training delivery. We have a dedicated Training Key Account Manager, contactable on 1300 559 064.
We coordinate either your familiarisation session or Nationally Recognised (accredited) course so it is delivered within twenty-eight (28) days of receiving your AED Package.
Choose either the Basic Package familiarisation session for up to 25 participants to attend OR select the Basic Package inclusion of a Nationally Recognised course for up to 25 participants to attend.
Our familiarisation session includes the following:
- An explanation of Cardiac Arrest, CPR and how CPR and Defibrillation can save lives
- Advice on staying calm and dialling Triple 000
- How to assess the area for safety and assessing the casualty
- How the Automated External Defibrillator works
- Demonstration of how to use the Defibrillator effectively and safely
- How to perform CPR in conjunction with the Defibrillator
- Defibrillator general care and maintenance
Or choose our Nationally Recognised course
Build Your Own
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Building on a familiarisation session; the HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation unit of competency covers AED and CPR skills required to perform Basic Life Support in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Developed for existing workers in the industry who may require accredited CPR training as recommended by the ARC.
On successful completion participants will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Our Basic Package includes this Nationally Recognised course for up to 25 participants to attend.